Gas flow from Egypt to Jordan to resume January

Jordanian Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Hala Zawati said on Monday that Egyptian gas will resume its inflow to Jordan in January, pointing out that the price is not yet set.

In a statement on the sidelines of the 15th Arab Conference on Mining in Cairo, the minister expected the quantities supplied by the Egyptian side to reach 100 million cubic feet per day, representing about a third of Jordan’s gas needs.

The prices of gas supply, the minister added, “are currently under negotiation.” Jordan relies on Egyptian gas for 80% of its electricity generation, with the other 20% largely imported from Saudi Arabia and Iraq. In total, the small country imports roughly 95% of its energy needs.

Source: Egypt Independent

Share

SUBSCRIBE TO LATEST ENERGY NEWS

Read the latest energy industry news and researched articles
for oil and gas, power generation, renewable energy, events and more...